Contains small parts.
DALINGSHAN FOREST SONGSHAN LAKE
POOL PETS & SHOPS
LOCAL LAWS & VETS
HUIZHOU & SHENZHEN
A compilation of useful places and places and information for those pet owners in and around Dongguan.
Qifeng & Huying.
Dongcheng’s local spot.
- Free entrance.
- Spacious clean and modern parkland with water features, that lantern we’ve all seen and plenty of entrances.
- Routes: Qifeng (旗峰公园) has about a 9km (5.5 miles) loop + Huying Park itself has a 5.7km (3.5 miles) loop.
- Traffic-free pathways and bridge between the two main parks.
- Several sculptures and landscaped areas. Elevation around the main hills (108m/357ft at the lantern peak).
- Several toilets; bins; few snack places etc.
- There are places to squat and cock your leg around Dongguan but is essential to carry a pooper-scooper or suitable pooh bag. Dash away.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/pqWpWoI6XgY?version=3&rel=1&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&fs=1&hl=en&autohide=2&wmode=transparent福神岗公园 – 东莞, 厚街 (FuShen Hillock in Hoiujie)
https://www.youtube.com/embed/NIr1n-NbLFo?version=3&rel=1&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&fs=1&hl=en&autohide=2&wmode=transparent霞边村东莞市寮步镇 (XiaBiAn village in LiaoBu)
- Free entrance.
- Huge 14km route (just shy of 9 miles) looped path alongside the road with frequent traffic-free pathways.
- Mostly not landscaped. Little elevation on the loop, but several hills around the area.
- Several toilets; bins; picnic areas; few snack places etc.
- Close to the green Foling Lake Park and Reservoir (Liaobu town).
- Local parks around Dongguan are not all friendly. Most have stringent rules and security guards. It is best to check in advance before visiting the park in question.
- Be responsible and set a good example. There are plenty of e-commerce solutions for bagging crap.
The high-tech hub’s green space.
- Free entrance.
- Local website.
- Up to 23km routes around the lake and 1080ha. have been mentioned. It isn’t a small area.
- Several old fishing villages hug the lake’s western shore.
- Mostly traffic-free loop route & one spur from the Vanke Songshan Lake are a down to the loop.
- Sculptures and landscaped areas (including the Huawei European town area). Few areas of elevation.
- Many toilets; bins; cycle hire; picnic areas; several snack places etc.
- Avoid during public holidays [人山人海]. Some Sundays are also rather busy.
- Close to Songshan Central Park.
Pool Pets in Dongcheng is a fine example of canine love. It is a place for socialising of mutts and even has a swimming pool for our (mostly) four-legged friends. With a doggy salon and a bar, Panda rates this spot highly.
Plenty of dog walking spots and advice.
Located at 33 Town (Country Garden) not far from Dynacity and the central Dongcheng area.
Pet shops are plentiful around the city. It is always recommended you vet the joint before putting your family pet into the care of others. There have been nightmare stories heard here and there. When in doubt, try Pool Pets as they’re ace!
Dr Pet may seem like a reliable chain but check inside and know your vet. Do they care? Or, do they favour your wallet’s contents?
Huizhou & Shenzhen offer coastline walks, beaches for play and a taste of the outdoors suitable for trekkers and dog-walkers alike. Pool Pets even arrange trips camping with your four-legged friend!
https://www.youtube.com/embed/YpMU9CP3Eq0?version=3&rel=1&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&fs=1&hl=en&autohide=2&wmode=transparent大鹏所城 – 深圳 (DaPeng Fortress, Shenzhen)
Make sure you understand.
- The city’s laws are tighter and more controlled than ever before.
- Dogs must be registered.
- Certain breeds are forbidden. Information can be found
- News article: ‘1st batch of 118 dog registration sites announced’
- Registration sites can be found here.
- Article: ‘FAQs on new dog-raising rules in DG 在东莞养狗要交年费吗?’
Article 12 The dog registration service agency shall, within ten working days from the date of collecting all the dog registration materials, compile a city-wide unique serial number for the dog, implant the dog’s e-identity mark for free, and issue a smart dog tag.
It is forbidden to forge, alter, or trade dog e-identity marks and smart dog tags. It is also prohibited to trade or use forged or altered dog e-identity marks and smart dog tags.
Article 13 In any of the following circumstances, the dog owner shall update the record information within 30 days from the date of change:
(1) When the dog is sold or given to others, or the owner of the dog is changed;
(2) The dog owner gives up keeping the dog and sends the dog to the place where the dog is admitted for treatment;
(3) The residence address and contact information of the dog owner are changed.
Keep your dog safe.
- 备案材料/Recording information required：
- 1.身份证 ID
- 2.房产证或房屋租赁合同 Property certificate or lease contract
- 3.狂犬疫苗本 Rabies vaccine (if you object, you’re liable)
- 4.爱犬相片正面照，侧面照把标尺放上去拍 Dog photo front & side photo (use a ruler as scale)
- 5.预约成功，带着身份证原价和租赁合同或房产证原价和爱犬，到店登记 Successful appointment, with the original price of identity card and rental contract or property certificate and dog to the store to register.
Article 16 The dog breeder shall vaccinate the dog with rabies vaccine in accordance with the law and obtain a certificate. Dog owners can send their dogs to the agriculture and rural departments or the entrusted animal diagnosis and treatment institutions for free rabies vaccine injection.
Newborn puppies shall be immunized against rabies at the age of three months, a second immunization at the age of 12 months, and once a year after that.
TRY ALSO LIUHUA PARK – 榴花公园 & SANYUAN VILLAGE 东莞 – 桑园村
[archived: converted to a blog post, from a site page: April 2023]